Sunday, March 29, 2009

Missing Lubbock?? Really??

Lubbock may not be the prettiest place in the world. In fact, it took me quite a while when I first moved there to really start to appreciate the uniqueness (and tree-less-ness) of the landscape. It's a little dizzying and depressing to be thrown into such a brown, flat, open environment when you have been used to green, trees, and hills all of your life. However, that first spring at Tech I discovered that colorful things really can exist out there! Texas Tech and its amazing grounds crew plants beautiful tulips all over campus every spring. I was thrilled to see my favorite flower blooming everywhere I looked! That first year, it made me yearn for the tulips planted every year around Denny Chimes on Alabama's campus. The following year, I greatly anticipated the blooms at Tech.

This year, I'm no longer in Lubbock. And I actually find myself missing it a little! I would so love to take a sunny afternoon walk around campus (with my camera in tow) to capture a little of the spring beauties that should be in full bloom by now. Instead, I will be content with my yet-to-bloom tulips in the pot on my balcony and hope that they will be half as gorgeous as this . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Plays well with:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...