Saturday, August 27, 2011

Classroom Pictures!

Welcome to our music room!  Before we get to the class pics, I have to show you my new toy!  As part of an Apple pilot program with several Title 1 schools in our district, our teachers were given MacBooks and some were even given iPads/iPod Touches!  How great is that!  No iPad for this music teacher (at least, not yet!), but I'm thrilled with my MacBook!  I can't begin to tell you how much easier it is to get work done on this compared to the ancient desktop in my room!

I have to say, though, it has been a very long time since I've seen this logo in a classroom.  Isn't it pretty!

Now for the class pics.  Forgive the unfinished-looking bulletin boards.  They are awaiting kids' work and class names (part of my reward system).




Instrument Alley (channeling my inner JK Rowling . . .)  Thanks, Leigh!



Word Wall

My "I Will . . ." statements posted just outside my door.

 Some fun 2nd Grade compositions from the first week of school.  I am so proud of them for remembering their 1st Grade concepts!!  This next week we'll add body percussion and eventually perform it as an instrumental piece!

(yes, it's crooked.  yes, I had to fix it.  #OCD)

Check out some other great classroom ideas at Teaching Blog Addict's Classroom Photos Party!

1 comments:

Thoughts said...

I just found your blog. It looks great. I am going to pass it along to my music teacher friends.

Post a Comment

Plays well with:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...